Date: OngoingOrganized By: Habitat-AmeriCorps
State: COContact: DaJackson@habitat.org
As you serve full time for 10 ﾽ to 12 months, you will earn a monthly living allowance ranging from $900 - $1400 a month. Additional benefits if you qualify include: the Segal Education Award, Student Loan Forbearance, Paid Leave Time and Child Care Assistance.
Most members will begin service in August and September 2019.
What we do:
- Everyone deserves a decent place to live. Here at Habitat, we build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. We believe in providing access to decent and affordable housing, partnering with future Habitat homeowners to create a place to call home.
What You Will Do:
As a Habitat AmeriCorps member, you will be placed in one of our 100+ communities supported by our local Habitat offices. You will use your passion and commitment to service to meet the needs of our local Habitat offices by engaging communities, building capacity, and increasing productivity.
There are many individualized roles to choose from, so finding one that utilizes your strengths and unique skillset should be pretty easy. We offer positions ranging from construction to volunteer management to project development.
Habitat AmeriCorps is designed to help deliver more services to families. As an AmeriCorps member, you could lead build activities, recruit and coordinate volunteers or perform community outreach. All the while, you will develop as a leader and professional through hands-on and non-profit experience, becoming a champion for safe, affordable housing.
- 18 years of age or older.
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving).
- Positions terms range from 46 ﾽ weeks (direct service roles) to 52 weeks (indirect service roles).
- Living Allowance - $900 to $2,000 per month.
- AmeriCorps Education Award - Upon successful completion of your AmeriCorps term, you will earn an AmeriCorps of $6,095 pre-tax.
To APPLY for a position in your area, visit: Habitat AmeriCorps Service Positions or www.Habitat.org/AmeriCorps.
Skill Desired: Project Management, Landscaping/Gardening, Handyman/Painting/Cleaning, Education/Training, Information Technology, Graphic Design, Crafts
Matching Interests: Outdoors, Indoors, Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Family friendly, Handicap accessible, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, Poverty, Legal Work, Homeless & Housing, Health & Wellness, Environment, Emergency & Safety, Education & Literacy, Disaster Relief, People with Disabilities, Computers & Technology, Community, Children & Youth, Arts & Culture
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR