For nearly 125 years, the YMCA of the Blue Water Area has enriched the lives of community residents, bringing growth in spirit, mind and body. With a roster of more than 150 programs and services for the entire family, the Y is an influential partner in the health and well-being of the entire Blue Water Area (St. Clair and Sanilac Counties) and is the single largest provider of health, wellness, fitness, child care and non-school related physical education in the area.
- The Y engages nearly 20,000 people a year in programs and services.
- The Y is the largest child care provider in St. Clair County, caring for more than 500 children a year.
- More than 300 volunteers donated 6,342 hours of service in 2010.
- More than 160 people work at the Y.
- Members, staff and volunteers of the Y include men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, according to the unique needs of the communities it engages.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
- More than 30 local agencies partner with the Y to offer programs and services designed to meet the needs of the community.