Woodlawn Nature Center is a small Museum of Natural History, nestled in 10 acres of Forest and Meadow land, in the heart Elkhart Indiana. The park is a sanctuary for native flora and fauna. Both the park and museum offer educational opportunities, child development, hiking trails in a wooded setting, an outdoor picnic area, a center for community activities, and so much more.
Inside The Center:
Inside Woodlawn Nature Center you'll find:
- Real Monsters Dinosaur Exhibit: A cave into deep time.
- Native American Collection: View tools, clothing and artifacts of woodland and plains local Native American Tribes, and see a real Wigwam.
- Mastodon Exhibit: Imagine the Ice Age as you view Mastodon fossils found in 1971 near Shipshewana, Indiana.
- Nest and Eggs: Woodlawn has a century old egg collection and a variety of birds nest.
- Wildlife Dioramas: Enjoy exhibits that feature mounted birds and animals in their habitat settings.
- Seashell Display: See over 300 species of seashells on display, including a Giant Clam.
- Wetland Wonders Room: Learn about the beauty and benefits of our local wetlands. Find out what YOU can do to help these important declining habitats.
- Wildlife Viewing Window: This beautiful, one-way window allows you to watch birds, squirrels, rabbits and other small animals.
- Nature Library: Search through books and magazines to learn more about our natural environment. Children can play with nature toys and games for enhanced child development.
To intimately connect as many people as possible to nature, natural history, and our future on this planet.
Saturday, Nov 28, 2020 at 3:00pm Central Time
WEBINAR hosted by INNOVATIVE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
Wednesday, Nov 25, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
Wednesday, Nov 25, 2020 at 4:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR