The land of Wilgus State Park was given to the state of Vermont in 1933 by Colonel and Mrs. William Wilgus for the creation of Wilgus State Park.
The original park, constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps, consisted of a picnic area with large flue-type stone fireplaces and picnic tables, and the ranger's quarters.
The campground was developed and expanded between 1960 and the present time. Wilgus State Park is a very popular park for canoes and kayaks, since it is located on the Connecticut River.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR