7140 East 7 Mile
The Wilder branch was named after Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of many children's stories of pioneer life. The branch opened on February 6, 1967 replacing the temporary location further west on 7 mile, which opened on May 12, 1949. The exterior court displays a metal wall sculpture by Narendra Patel, which was inspired by the book, "The Little House in the Big Woods." Mrs. Wilder donated manuscripts of "The Long Winter" and "These Happy Golden Years" along with photographs and others documents which are housed at the Burton Historical Collection at the Main Library.
The building contains a clubroom, which will accommodate 120 persons. The clubroom is used for library and community programming. The clubroom may be used by community groups by calling the branch for information and reservations.
The branch received a new roof, the parking lot was resurfaced and parts of the front walk were replaced and enhanced in the past two years.