1737 North 82nd Street
In 1963 the first library in western Wyandotte County started with a donation of $20,000 from the Junior League. The library was housed at the old Hornif School site (2,500 square feet of space) at 98th and State Avenue. The library remained at this location until it was transferred to Wyandotte Plaza Shopping Center in 1971. This branch soon became the busiest unit in the KCKPL system, expanding into adjacent storefronts in 1975 and 1978. Statistics continued to climb at the Wyandotte Plaza location warranting the expansion of the library. Planning for a new facility began in 1982 and West Wyandotte was dedicated to the public on June 1, 1986 after nearly twenty months of construction.