Wenonah Free Public Library
101 East Mantua Avenue
History of Wenonah Free Public Library
Our library began in 1900 as the Wenonah Library Association and was formally organized by the Sorosis Club, which later became the Woman's Club.
Annual dues were $5.00 and lifetime dues were $50.00.
The little space in a back room of a resident's home was no longer sufficient. In 1905 the library received the old Presbyterian Sunday School Annex as a donation then moved it to 8 W. Mantua Avenue (now known as September Rose Studio).
By 1914, the Wenonah Library Association became incorporated as Wenonah Free Public Library and was partially supported by the Borough of Wenonah.
In 1927 the library board of trustees began negotiating and procuring the purchase of the property on N. Clinton and East Mantua Avenue.
The structure, as we all know and love, was a gift to the Borough by the Edward L. Farr family. The stone building has a slate roof, large leaded windows and natural exposed beams and woodwork.