The Washtucna Historical Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation working to preserve the story of a small eastern Washington town called Washtucna. Established in 2015, we were fortunate to have a building owner who was also a preservationist at heart and wewere gifted the building we currently share with the Washtucna Community Center. We are currently pursuing grants to create a stable environment for our locally-sourced artifacts.
Our home was formerly a Washtucna business called Snyder Electric, which opened in March of 1947 and expanded to sell housewares and later, insurance. The building has long been a site for community-focused gatherings. At one time in the early 1950s, the Washtucna Commercial Club held meetings within its walls and worked to get the site of Palouse Falls accepted as a state park.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR