Walnut Hills Branch Library
2533 Kemper Lane
Walnut Hills Branch Library opened in April 7, 1906, replacing two neighborhood deposit stations. Designed in the French Renaissance style, it was the first of nine branch libraries in Cincinnati built through the generosity of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The twin columns at the entrance arrived from Munich, Germany, with the Tyler Davidson Fountain, and later were incorporated into the building’s design. Paintings in the adult reading room are the gift of a local artist. Other special features include the original birch-stained mahogany woodwork and the stained glass window in the vestibule, a gift commissioned and purchased for the library by an area couple.