The Walnut Creek Lake & Recreation Area is a 450 acre mixed-use recreation area with a 105 acre reservoir. The park is located south of Highway 370 and west of 96th Street. The Park has two entrances, one off of 96th street and the other a ½ mile farther south and ½ mile west on Schram Rd to Turkey Rd.
Walnut Creek is unique, as it is a “pack in, pack out” facility. No trash service is offered in the park; you are responsible for removing any trash you generate during your visit, thus leaving the cleanliness of the park up to you, the user.
- RV park - 44 electric sites (30 or 50 amp), city water availabe, dump station, 55 ft concrete pads, paved roads, first come first serve, $16.00 per night with a 2 week limit, 402.679.9889
- Walnut Creek Lake - 105 acre lake managed & stocked by the NGPC with bass, catfish, bluegill, crappie, and sunfish
- Hike/bike trail - a paved 3.1 mile loop around Walnut Creek Lake. Walnut Creek Trail is connected to other city trails via the 96th Street Trail and a tunnel under Highway 370. For area trail maps, please see www.omahatrails.com.
- Picnic & playground sites - 4 large picnic shelters, one of which can be reserved at 402.597.2041. The other 3 are first come first serve.
- Leash-free dog exercise area - a native 3+ acre area for dogs to work or play. The area is fenced on three sides with water on the fourth for your dog to play in. The rest of the park is on-leash only.
- Equestrian trail - Walnut Creek has 5 miles of grass trails for your riding pleasure.
- Handicapped-accessible fishing pier and island
- Boat dock and ramp for no-wake boating (5 mph max)
- 70% of the 450 acres has been left as native Nebraska prairie
- Mentoring youth primitive camping area - an area for use only by local youth groups. Reserve by calling park office at 402.592.8877.