The Vegas Valley Book Festival, now in its sixteenth year, is a celebration of the written, spoken, and illustrated word. The festival has networked together a community-wide consortium of cultural organizations and sponsors to offer “a one-stop shopping experience for literature” through a wide range of programs built around sharing resources, developing audiences, advancing the craft of writing, and sharing the joys of reading. This annual festival is the largest literary event in Nevada, drawing more than 10,000 attendees during the season. Since its founding in 2002, the festival has presented over 800 authors and speakers and has produced or sponsored over 500 events, sessions, readings, workshops, and book signings. The festival is free and open to the public.
The mission of the VVBF is to foster the growth and development of literary culture in the Las Vegas Valley.
- Plan and develop an annual book festival that offers a wide range of literary experiences for all ages of the community.
- Support and nurture the community of local writers and illustrators.
- Develop programs that promote reading, literature, and the arts.
- Promote the networking of local literature organizations and enhance their capacity to serve their audiences.
- Foster and develop public and private support for book festival activities, as well as other literary programs and literacy efforts in the community.
Saturday, Jul 10, 2021 at 10:00am Pacific Time
Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 1:00pm Pacific Time
Wednesday, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:00pm Pacific Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR