Our mission is to educate children and families in our surrounding communities about the animals and agriculture that are essential to a traditional Michigan-based working farm, through hands-on experiences that are both engaging and educational. We work to create an awareness and appreciation of the animals and land that provide much of the food, fiber, and other resources that are utilized and consumed and expand knowledge and awareness of agriculture and its vast and vital role in our world.
We seek to cultivate attitudes of care, conservation, and cooperation in those who visit the farm in an effort to help those in our communities become more thoughtful consumers. We hope the children who visit the farm and engage with its animals, agriculture, fields, and forests will walk away with knowledge and, most importantly, inspiration. We hope to inspire in children a desire to be intentional in how they interact with people, animals, and the land. We further hope that the habits they create and the vocations they choose will have a positive impact on the world around them.
Respect, Kindness & Gratitude.
We appreciate your support of Maybury Farm.
Join us this season and grow with us!
- Make the farm a center of place-based education that creates opportunities for multi-disciplinary learning and growth in core competencies within the context of the farm setting
- Help children to grow their skills in observation, inquiry, investigation, experimentation
- Expand childrens' understanding of the farm and its role in their lives
- Highlight the interdependence that land, animals, and communities have with one another
- Stimulate thinking about their habits and their relationships to the food and fiber they consume as well as the land and animals that provide it
Thursday, Apr 29, 2021 at 6:00pm Eastern Time
Webinar Hosted by Best Practices Consulting
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 6:00pm Eastern Time
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR