The International Museum of Art, a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, is located in the heart of El Paso’s historic Rio Grande District. The building, a Victorian style mansion designed by architect Henry C. Trost, was owned by State Senator William Turney and his wife Iva, a prominent El Paso family who resided in the home from 1909 to 1939. Following Senator Turney’s death, Mrs. Turney donated the property to the City of El Paso. Honoring the wishes of the Senator and Mrs. Turney – that their former home always be used for the arts- the Turney mansion became the home of the International Museum of Art.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR