In the mid-1950's Keith Harper had a dream to bring golf to Monroe County. He and two friends, Henry Prichard and M.R. "Red" Hamilton, became tired of driving so far to play golf, as the closest golf courses, Moundsville Country Club and Crispin Golf Course at Oglebay Park, were an hour and a half away. Keith convinced his friends to help him with his plan; a farm was purchased from a local sheep farmer, excavation began, local volunteers, eager to become part of the dream, spent countless hours working to get the golf course up and running. In July, 1957 Switzerland of Ohio Country Club near Wilson, Ohio became a reality.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR