- We produce a series of events revolving around world-class Spanish wine and Spanish cuisine.
- Our events connect us to our Spanish past and introduce us to contemporary Spanish wine and food experts and businesspeople.
- We raise money for three local charities benefiting children, homeless, and elderly people suffering dementia.
- Every dollar raised goes back into the community to support The Children's Museum of St. Johns, the Fresh Starts program at FCTC, and the Alzheimer's Project at COA.
- Branding St. Augustine as the Spanish Wine Capitol of America helps cement our place in American history, foster international economic development and enrich the quality of life in our community.
Our history encompasses many cultures and ethnicities, but our primary history involves Spanish exploration and colonization. When Pedro Menendez and the first 800 European settlers landed on our shore almost 450 years ago, his ships carried survival provisions. Among his most treasured stores was Spanish wine.
Spain has cultivated wine grapes for more than four thousand years. The Romans fell in love with Spanish wine and exported it throughout the Roman Empire. It's the most popular wine in Europe and yet it comprises only a percentage of the American market. St. Augustine's Spanish Wine Festival is an opportunity to promote our City regionally, nationally and internationally, to help local charities, and connect with our founders through a product that is as good today as it was when the early Spanish explorers came to America. Wine defies space and time. The festival and all of its events are designed to make St. Augustine the Spanish Wine Capitol of America, to make Spanish wine available at every local restaurant and market, and to facilitate historical-destination tourism.
Thursday, Nov 26, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR