53705 Main Road
Southold Free Library serves the hamlets of Southold and Peconic. The Library opened in its present locale on December 15, 1928. The original brick building was built in 1891 for the former Southold Savings Bank. In 1925, Edna Cahoon Booth purchased the building from the bank and donated it to the Library in memory of her parents. An extension was completed in 1991.