Shelby Bottoms Nature Center:
* Provides a great starting point for exploring the more than 950 acres of Shelby Bottoms Greenway and 336 acres of adjacent Shelby Park.
* Offers a wide range of free public nature and environmental education programs, school field trips, educator training workshops, outdoor recreation programs, individual and group volunteer opportunities, student internship possibilities, Girl and Boy Scout programs, and other special activities for people of all ages.
* Serves as a natural history and education reference center for individuals and groups.
* Promotes and serves as a resource for organic and urban community gardening, rain gardening and “green” building.
* Operates as a Nashville GreenBikes station at which residents and visitors of Nashville can “check-out” a free bike to ride on the Shelby Bottoms and other connected Greenways and bike lanes.
Shelby Bottoms Greenway and Nature Park from the airThe SBNC facilities include the nature center which houses natural and cultural history exhibits, programming space, art and photography exhibition space, and a library with many field ID guides, natural and cultural history titles and children’s books; an organic demonstration and teaching garden; a Cumberland River Compact rain garden; a children’s Nature Play area and trails; and the main trailhead for approximately five miles each of primitive hiking trails and paved ADA accessible trails.
Shelby Bottoms Greenway and Shelby Park are located in urban East Nashville; less than 4 miles from Printers Alley, The District and historic Lower Broadway in downtown Nashville, home of Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row, as well as other nightlife, shopping, dining and sports venues.
* To provide quality environmental education and responsible recreation.
* To help protect, preserve, restore and manage the park ecosystem and all natural resources.
* To raise awareness, foster respect and share enthusiasm for the natural environment.
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:00pm Eastern Time
Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 6:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR