Mission and Vision
Audubon Washington's mission is to inspire diverse audiences to conserve natural ecosystems and build healthy communities for people, birds and wildlife.
The center strives towards this mission by helping a diverse mix of youth and adults cultivate wonder and develop an insatiable curiosity in the natural world through environmental science, outdoor exploration and play.
The Center's programs focus on connecting famileis to wild spaces in their backyards and providing them with the skills to lead a lifetime of active, outdoor explorations.
This mission is executed according to the following tactics:
1) People connect to a cause through sustained engagement, not just one time programs.
2) Fun! Programs are active, creative, playful and engaging with appropriate breaks for games.
3) Young people are encourages to explore, get muddy, touch and feel nature.
4) Programs are culturally relevant with schedules that are accessible to low-income families, financial assistance available for all programs, curriculum that reflects our community and staff and volunteers that reflect the demographics of the people we serve.
5) Excellence in youth work as measured by the Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA).
6) Collaboration and partnership is emphasized. Allies make our reach broader and our impact greater.
Thursday, Jun 24, 2021 at 6:00pm Pacific Time
Online via Zoom
Friday, Jun 25, 2021 at 2:00pm Eastern Time
Monday, Jun 28, 2021 at 11:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR