Sanford USD Medical Center is the largest medical facility in the region providing a variety of healthcare services. Sanford USD Medical Center has Centers of Excellence in the following areas: heart & vascular, children's, cancer, neuroscience, trauma, orthopedics and women's. As a comprehensive medical center, we also offer a variety of healthcare services including stroke, neonatal intensive care, air transport, family health, transplant, sports medicine and wellness.
Sanford USD Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and had the first CAAMS (Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Services) accredited flight program in the state of South Dakota.
Sanford USD Medical Center is a community-owned, Sioux Falls based hospital and has:
- Named "One of America's Best" by US News & World Report in 2006, 2007, 2008
- Chosen one of the Nation's Top Hospitals for 2006, 2007 and 2008 by National Research Corporation
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Hospitals by Thomson Reuters
- Achieved Magnet level status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Nearly 4,000 employees
- 487 licensed beds
- One helicopter and two fixed-wing aircrafts
- Had nearly 30,000 patients transported with the air flight program since its formation in 1977
- Over 24,000 annual admissions
- Over 3,000 babies born in 2006
- Over 32,000 Emergency Room responses a year
- System accreditation from the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
Thursday, Oct 21, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Thursday, Oct 21, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Thursday, Oct 21, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR