San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
The mission of San Diego State University shall be to provide well-balanced, high quality education for undergraduate and graduate students and to contribute to knowledge and the solution of problems through excellence and distinction in teaching, research, and service. The university shall impart an appreciation and broad understanding of human experience throughout the world and the ages. This education shall extend to
1. Diverse cultural legacies,
2. Accomplishments in many areas, such as the arts and technology,
3. The advancement of human thought, including philosophy and science,
4. The development of economic, political, and social institutions, and
5. The physical and biological evolution of humans and their environment.