Saint Clairsville-Richland Library System
108 West Main Street
The Library had various addresses until 1955, when the Second National Bank Building was purchased and renovated as a permanent home. Dr. Bertha Hunt Schaffer made a bequest in Honor of her parents; Dr. and Mrs. William Hunt, for the purchase of a building to house the Library, and on January 8, 1955 the Library dedicated the "Hunt Memorial Library Building".
Since that time there have been two additions to the building. Wilbert Allen generously contributed to combine with The Hunt Fund to make an addition in 1963 , and in 1985 LSCA funds were secured to add to community donations, funds from the Wilbert Allen estate, and The Hunt Fund for another addition.
The Library is housed on 2 levels with a multi-purpose room and offices in a 3rd lower level. It is located on Main Street across from the County Courthouse, and is within walking distance of 2 school systems.