684 Franklin Springs Street
In 1920 the Royston Women's Club established a small "lending library" within the club which became the nucleus for the Royston WPA(Works Progress Administration) Community Library. This new library was located above the Royston Drug Store and the rent was paid jointly by the city and Mrs. Brown. Miss Edith Paine was appointed librarian at a salary of $42.50 per month
In 1948 the library was moved to the second floor of the Holbrook building and Miss Martha Winn was appointed librarian. Miss Winn was followed by Miss Nannie Mae Dickerson, who served until 1971. In March of 1945 the WPA support of the library ceased. Sponsorship of the library was assumed by the Franklin County Board of Education, the Ordinary of Franklin County and the Mayor of Royston.
The library has been housed in several different locations over the years, until the most recent move into the new quarters in July 1981 adjacent to City Hall.