Rocky Ford Historical Museum
1005 Sycamore Avenue
The first museum opened on June 10, 1941. In 1944, the museum was enlarged by removing a partition to make room for more display cases. In 1950, after a robbery at the Walnut location, the Society persuaded the City of Rocky Ford to allow the museum to be located in the basement of the city's library (Carnegie Building). William Gobin was mayor at the time and the city gave $442.30 toward maintenance and moving expenses. On May 15, 1950, Miss Clara Wheeler was hired to keep the museum open two afternoons per week at a wage of $.60 per hour. In May 1964, the City of Rocky Ford repaired and redecorated the basement.