Since its opening in 1968, the Strasenburgh Planetarium has been greater Rochester's dependable source of clear, accurate information about astronomical events, space missions, and breaking news of the universe.
Public presentations include star shows, giant-screen films, Cine-Muse hi-def features, and laser light shows. Inspiring, grade-appropriate, standards-connected programs are available for school visits.
- Awe-inspiring star shows feature the mighty Zeiss Star Projector along with the advanced technology of a new Watchout wide-screen video system.
- Giant-screen films projected on the 4-story planetarium dome take you on journeys of exploration all over the world.
- Cine-Muse hi-def features, paired with giant-screen films, come from the world's top producers of nature and science documentaries.
- Saturday Night Laser shows set classic rock music to choreographed beams of dazzling laser light, crisscrossing the Planetarium's indoor sky.
- The planetarium's 12.5-inch diameter reflecting telescope is available for free public viewing on Saturday evenings (weather permitting).
- The Challenger Learning Center, a service of Monroe #1 BOCES, offers high-tech, hands-on space mission simulations to school groups and the public.
Thursday, Aug 11, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Thursday, Aug 11, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, Aug 12, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR