315 Church Avenue South West
The collection was originally started by the Roanoke Bar Association in 1925 exclusively for the use of its members. In 1976, the Roanoke Public Library began administering the law library and the library was officially opened to the public.
Since 1976, most of the law libraries budget is generated by the filing fees collected from civil cases in the Roanoke City courts (per VA Code 42.1-70).
Today the library is located in the Roanoke City Courthouse at 315 Church Street in downtown Roanoke, VA.