Ramsey Lake has a colorful background. For years, the park was known as "Old Fox Chase Grounds" because of its use by fox and coon hunters. It also was the site of one of the largest dog trial events, which was held near the big springs at the northwest corner of the present lake. Other events, such as dances, carnivals and a large machinery display attracted many people. Although privately owned by S.E. Stokes, the site often was used by various groups for public recreational use. In 1947, 815 acres were purchased for a lake site and an additional 1,000 acres have been added since. Throughout the years, county and township officials, concerned citizens and civic groups have actively helped to secure land and upgrade and maintain the area which is now 1,980 acres.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR