Pleasant Grove Branch Library
1125 South Bucker Boulevard
In June of 1957 the city received a petition signed by 10,000 residents requesting a branch library in the Pleasant Grove area. The bookmobile that served the area was the busiest stop in the city.
On November 10, 1961 the Pleasant Grove Library at 1125 S. Buckner opened with 33,000 new books. The $175,000 branch library had a staff of 13 headed by Miss Mary Evelyn Kennedy. The open house was co-sponsored by the Southeast Dallas Civic League and the South and East Dallas Chamber of Commerce. More than 500 people attended.