The Gallery's mission and programming embody Paul Robeson's life-long commitment to unfettered artistic freedom, cultural democracy, and transnationalism. This mission is carried out in the presentation of visual arts exhibitions, gallery education and other public programs, and in partnerships with community organizations.
The Paul Robeson Gallery is an artistic and cultural center dedicated to presenting art and cultural artifacts as well as educational and public programming in the spirit of the diverse metropolitan context of Rutgers University at Newark, the Greater Newark communities, and the northeast region of New Jersey. The Gallery's programs strive to:
- Present arts and visual culture exhibitions and events of the highest quality
- Enrich the University arts programs with cross disciplinary collaborations
- Provide gallery educational experience to local and regional communities
- Strengthen collaborative relationships with Greater Newark's artistic, cultural, and educational organizations
- Advance Paul Robeson's legacy of encouraging cross-cultural artistic freedom and cultural democracy
- Emphasize the role of arts and culture in the shaping and functioning of society
- Reflect the spirit of the University's diverse metropolitan context
- Enhance the quality of life for the campus and Greater Newark communities.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
Thursday, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR