The YMCA began offering services at Mason Square on Douglas in May of 2001. The Y grew membership to just over 400 individuals in the 2800 square foot express branch.
On August 31st, 2009, the Y moved to the former Traughber Junior High School, now known as the Oswego 308 Center operating 23,000 square feet of programming space. In one year the Y has increased membership to over 3500 individuals with an increase of more families from the community.
June 10, 2010 the 1st Annual Golf Classic is held at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course with 116 golfers attending the event and raising funds for the Strong Kids Campaign.
In 2010 with the leadership of Tom Nelson and Dwight Baird, the Y raised over $50,000 for the Strong Kids Campaign.
On January 1st, 2011 the Oswego Family Y was integrated with the Chicago Metro YMCA Association.
June 1, 2011, the Oswego Family YMCA in partnership with the Pine Ridge Condo Association established a family aquatics department at the Pine Ridge Clubhouse in Oswego.
September 1, 2012, the Oswego Family YMCA opened its Preschool Program at the Wheatland Salem Church located at 1217 Wolf Road in Oswego.