About the Museum
The Osage Mission-Neosho County Historical Society was organized in the fall of 1984 and was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation. We are recognized as a 501c3 non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. The Society is supported by membership dues and donations.
In November 1996, the Society began construction of the Osage Mission-Neosho County Museum. It is located on the site of a former State roadside park where St. Ann's Academy had been located during its operation from 1870-1895.
In April 2010, The Kansas Sampler Foundation recognized Osage Mission history, and the museum, as a finalist in the "8 Wonders of Kansas History" contest. As a result of this nomination the Catholic Osage Mission, and our museum, have been featured on page 240 of the new "8 Wonders of Kansas Guidebook".
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR