The Orient Heights Branch Library opened in 1912. The building was built by the Druker family who leased it to the City of Boston. In 1986, the Druker family donated it to the City. Since 1967 the Branch has been linked with the East Boston Branch. After a fire damaged the collection in 1982 the building was reopened as a Reading Room.