601 East Douglas
Whereas O'Neill Public Library believes in the maintenance of an educated and democratic society, it therefore provides information through printed, audio, visual materials and technology which stimulates thought, awareness, and involvement in issues of public interest and provides avenues for intellectual, cultural, and professional growth and enjoyment. Special emphasis is placed on stimulating children's interest in, and appreciation of, reading and learning.
The original O'Neill Public Library building was built in 1914 with money from the Carnegie Foundation. An addition, with 3,700 square feet was added in 1993. The library houses 28,865 volumes, including books on tape, books on cd, children's videos, informational/educational videos, large-print collection, a large selection of magazine subscriptions, and much more. The building is handicap accessible including an elevator. The circulation for 2004 was 96,358. The library's circulation is completely automated as is the card catalog.