1890 – The YMCA started by meeting in the vestry of the Congregational Church
1893 – The Samuel Bradbury Fund was established, leaving $2,000 to the YMCA
1897 – The first membership dues were established…25 cents per year
1918 – Will of Jessie Godfrey left home to YMCA. Became the Main Street facility
1948 – First professional YMCA Director, Roger Blood hired. Old Town & State YMCAs merged to create the Northern Central District YMCA
1956 – Steel frame gymnasium built on to YMCA with the help from Herbert E. Sargent. New Director Robert Coe took over the operations and expanded youth sports programs with assistance from Bob Messier.
1960 – Weekend Teen Dances became very popular
1963 – The Hi-Y & Tri-Hi-Y Clubs flourished and a new swim program established at Gilman Falls with assistance of the Orono – Old Town Kiwanis Club
1965 – Sewall Park was used as the Y’s first day camp with 83 children in attendance.
1974 – The Old Town & Orono Boards of Directors merged
1977 – The Old Town – Orono YMCA became an independent Association. Ralph Leonard chaired the first capital drive to build a new facility.
1979 – New YMCA opened on September 6, 1979 on Stillwater Avenue.
1995 – Herb Sargent Therapeutic Pool opens to the delight of the entire community.
2000 – Cyr Family Field House & Doug Springer Workout Center open.
2013 – YMCA receives donation of gymnasium floor from the Bangor Auditorium.
2014 – YMCA saves Community Pool from closure, signs ten year lease contract.