The Ohmann Theatre was built in 1915 by Burt Ohmann in Lyons, New York. Burt operated the theatre through the 1930's. His sons Robert and Myron took over the management of the theatre together through the following twenty years. Robert continued to run the theatre as the sole proprietor and theatre manager until the late 1980's. In 2005 his oldest son Bob brought the theatre back to the Ohmann family with a complete reconstruction.
Through its long and proud history the Ohmann Theatre has been a live theatre house, the site of vaudeville and musical entertainment, and even a venue for amateur boxing. Of course, the movie screen was always there, lighting the faces of the finest actors and the most touching cinematic moments, from the earliest silent films through the talkie era and beyond.