North Olmsted Branch Library
27403 Lorain Road
Originally operating in the Butternut School beginning in 1925, the North Olmsted Branch merged with Cuyahoga County Public Library and moved to an 1,890 sq. foot store-front on Lorain Road in 1951. The branch moved again in 1960 to a double store-front at the Great Northern Shopping Center. In 1964, residents approved a bond issue that, coupled with a Federal Grant, combined to fund the present 12,816 sq. foot building which opened in 1968. Residents approved a bond issue in 2001 to build a 30,000 sq. foot building directly across from the library's present location that will extend from Butternut Ridge Road north to Lorain Road, forming the centerpiece of North Olmsted's "City Center."
Dedicated to serving a diverse community, the staff of the North Olmsted Branch provides quality programs for library patrons of all ages. The proximity of the library to the center of town continues to accentuate the connection between the library and the community.
The North Olmsted Branch is located on the first settled road in North Olmsted and houses the historic Oxcart Library, the original set of books brought to the Connecticut Western Reserve by its first settlers. An Ohio Historic Marker on the front lawn highlights this collection. This cherished collection continues to be displayed in the new library building