Monroe County Public Library
103 South Street
The Monroe County Public Library was first organized in 1947 by the Farm Women?s Club with support by the Monroe County Commission, the Monroe County Board of Education, and the West Virginia Library Commission. This library was one of the first demonstrations of bookmobile library service in the state.
The first building that housed the library was shared with the Department of Public Assistance and had a collection of 2000 volumes. A new building was constructed and dedicated in 1980. The library now has a collection of 30,000 volumes.