A Bit of History
1951: Theatre founded 1951: First production, "Father of the Bride" 1951: Frances Lovell first Director 1955: The Melon Patch opened at its present site. 1955: Melon Patch signed 99 year lease with the City of Leesburg. 1957: First Musical performed at The Patch "The Gondoliers". 1965: Children's Theatre started and Bill Dunnagan was the first Director. 2003: Children's Theatre name changed to Patchwork Productions. 2005: Sara Barcus passed away. She was a member of the founding group; board member; actress and historian. The Annual Awards presented in June are named in her honor. 2011: Melon Patch Players celebrated its Diamond Jubilee. 2011: The local Leesburg Chapter of the of the Daughters of the American Revolution rededicated a Plaque on the Main Theatre Building. The Patch was built on the site of the first High School built in Leesburg in 1892. 2013-2014: season of Patchwork Production was referred to Carousel Theatre Production, run by Kellie Menke a past director of Patchwork Productions. 2015-2016 Brought long time Patch veteran John Turcotte, back to President of the board.
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:00pm Eastern Time
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 3:00pm Eastern Time
Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR