McCormick's Creek State Park
250 McCormick's Creek Park Road
1. MODERATE (0.5 miles)—Trail 1 is a loop trail that begins between family cabins 6 and 14, loops through large native timber in McCormick’s Cove Nature Preserve and ends at the entrance to the Family Cabin Area.
2. MODERATE (1.0 mile)—Trail 2 begins behind the CCC Recreation Hall, ventures into McCormick’s Cove Nature Preserve and ends between family cabins 11 and 12. Trail 2 also offers access to the Quarry Loop Trail for observation of the Old State House Quarry.
3. RUGGED (0.8 mile)—Trail 3 is a loop trail that begins across from Canyon Inn and offers access to the falls and canyon before ending at Stoney restroom. There are no bridges crossing the creek. Fluctuating creek levels may make areas of the trail seasonably inaccessible.
4. MODERATE (1.4 miles)—Trail 4 begins behind the Canyon Inn pool and travels toward the Recreation Field, McCormick’s Cove Nature Preserve and the CCC fire tower. Trail 4 ends on the road near Canyon Inn.
5. MODERATE (2.0 miles)—Trail 5 is a loop trail that begins at the Wolf Cave Parking Area, enters Wolf Cave Nature Preserve, loops through a Beech Maple forest, crosses Litten Branch, and offers access to Wolf Cave before ending near the Wolf Cave parking lot.
6. EASY (0.6 mile)—Trail 6 begins beside Beech Grove Shelter, travels through dense forest and ends in the Class A campground between campsites 19 and 20.
7. MODERATE (1.8 miles)—Trail 7 is a loop trail that begins across from the Wolf Cave parking lot, and travels along the canyon rim before descending toward the White River. Along the way hikers encounter a boardwalk. Fishing is permitted on the river.
8. ACCESSIBLE (0.7 mile)—Trail 8 is a paved trail that begins in the campground, between campsites 14 and 15, and proceeds through woodlands and the Pine Bluff picnic area, ending at the pool and concession stand.
9. EASY (1.2 miles)—Trail 9 loop trail begins in the Deer Run parking area and loops through hardwood forest, old farm fields and crosses the bridle trail twice before ending in the Deer Run area.
10. MODERATE (0.7 mile)—Trail 10 begins across McCormick’s Creek, from the Old State House Quarry, and proceeds upstream to the Trail 3 stairway that leads out of the canyon.