I started home brewing in my garage in 1993. I made the decision to start a brewery in late 2009. I worked for three years on the business plan and trying to raise money for the project. We opened the brewery on my birthday November 30, 2012.
The name Mayday comes from my dad. Whenever something goes wrong, he calls it a “mayday.” I was brewing in the garage one weekend, and had gone into the house for a few minutes, and my wife Pamela comes in from the garage and announces that we have a mayday in the garage, the wort is boiling over. From then on, we were Mayday.
At Mayday, here’s what we are about:
• We want to make a quality product without taking ourselves too seriously. We make beer. We don’t perform open heart surgery, or transport nuclear waste; there is no reason to get uptight about it.
• We want to make beer that you can drink more than one of.
• We are a venue for great live music, in our tasting room, in the brewery, and outside when weather permits.
• When you come to our brewery, we want it to be an experience.
• We opened the brewery to have fun and make friends, and hopefully someday make some money.
Love the people, love the beer
Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Central Time
Webinar hosted by Epicenter Memphis
Wednesday, Oct 27, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Webinar Hosted by CO.LAB
Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR