Madisonville Branch Library
4830 Whetsel Avenue
Beginning in 1892, the “Free Reading Room” operated in the Madisonville Town Hall, along with the sheriff's office, jail, store rooms, auditorium, and, at one time, a Kroger grocery store. The village reading room was absorbed by the Cincinnati Public Library in 1902. In 1923, the cornerstone for a new building was laid on the site of the old Town Hall. Opened on February 13, 1925, the building is designed in the Renaissance Revival style. Copies of work by Italian sculptor Luca Della Robbia in polychrome enameled terra cotta decorate the interior walls.