The Mission of the Ligonier Country Market is to enhance the vitality and viability of small farms, independent food processors and purveyors and local/regional artists and artisans. In doing so the Market will act as a community project to promote the Ligonier Valley. Specific objectives include:
- Promote sustainable agriculture so as to encourage and support family farms.
- Actively participate in and with organizaitions that seek to educate farmers so as to perpetuate family farming.
- Provide information and training to farmers in the display and selling of produce.
- Encourage increased profitable production of locally grown produce, bake, canned and prepared foods and handcrafted articles.
- Educate residents in the Market region regarding the advantages of the merchandise offered for sale by the vendors at the Market.
- Provide and manage a Market location that enhances the convenient access of prospective buyers to the vendors.
- Provide suitable space and facilities for the vendors to set up their booths and conduct business.
- Promote the Market and vendors in various media to inform the public of the time, location and products available at the Market.
- Govern the Market so as to promote year-to-year consistency and continuity of operation and fiscal responsibility.
- Involve intereste and qualified members of the community in the operation of the Market.
- Assure that the prepared food vendors comply with the food safety requirements of the PA Department of Agriculture.
- Lead and participate in projects that enhance the quality of life in the local community.
May 15 - September 2021
Saturdays, 8AM - 12PM
June 17 - September 16, 2021
3rd Thursdays, 5pm - 9pm
Location: West Main Street and U.S. Route 30
Thursday, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday, Nov 13, 2021 at 9:45 a.m. Eastern Time
Monday, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR