LaSalle Fish and Wildlife Area Loop
12000 10 W
The area around LaSalle was once part of the grand Kankakee Marsh. Acquisition of the land began in 1952. About 1800 acres were purchased and became Kankakee River State Park. In 1963, after additional acreage was acquired, it was determined that the land was better suited for use as a fish and wildlife area. At this time it was renamed LaSalle Fish and Wildlife Area. Most revenues used in land acquisition, development, operation and maintenance of LaSalle Fish and Wildlife Area are derived from the sale of hunting, fishing and trapping licenses. Funds are also received from the federal Pittman-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson programs to aid fish and wildlife restoration. These funds are derived from taxes levied on sport hunting and fishing equipment. Indiana hunters, anglers and trappers are proud to provide this property for the enjoyment of all people.