Restore, Conserve & Inspire: Nurturing a Healthy Laguna
Founded in 1989, the Laguna Foundation is a place-based organization focused on the Laguna de Santa Rosa, a Wetland of International Importance. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit with the mission to restore and conserve the Laguna de Santa Rosa, and to inspire public appreciation of this Wetland of International Importance.
We accomplish this mission through:
- Etablishing tens of thousands of native trees and plants and removing non-native invasive species which improves water quality, restores lost habitat, improves bio-diversity and mitigates climate change.
- Engaging volunteers in our restoration work.
- Collaborating in land stewardship, resource management planning and implementation with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including private and public landowners, governmental agencies and non-profits.
- Conducting conservation science research on endangered species, restoration effectiveness and invasive species mapping to inform both our own and partner stewardship efforts.
- Training volunteer docents to teach students in the classroom and visitors to the Laguna Environmental Center about the Laguna’s important role in our watershed.
- Bringing school groups to the Laguna for an exploration of this unique habitat.
- Educating community members about the Laguna’s complex wetland ecosystem through our public events that include workshops, lectures, guided nature walks and hands on science based activities.
The Foundation has a small staff and we rely on the support of the community to help us achieve these goals. Please consider volunteering, becoming a member, or donating to the Foundation; pulling together as a community of nature lovers, we can make a difference!
Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:30am
Margaret Todd Senior Center
Thursday, Oct 17, 2019 at 8:30am
Napa Senior Center
Thursday, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:30am
Santa Rosa Parks And Recreation - Senior Wing
Santa Rosa, CA
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR