3650 Nostrand Avenue
About the Library:
First opened in 1951 in a Nostrand Avenue storefront, Kings Bay Branch expanded into the adjacent store. In 1959, the widening of Nostrand forced the branch to move across the street. A new branch built that same year, was expanded to 11,500 square feet in 1962. A $1.9 million renovation added another 2,000 square feet to the library, among other improvements.