812 56th Street
The Mission of the Kenosha Public Library is to provide the highest quality library resources for information, recreation, and lifelong learning for residents of all ages in the City and County of Kenosha.
During 1872, First circulating library in Kenosha was opened in the Unitarian Church which was established by Zalmon Simmons and Reverend Henry Simmons.
During 1895, Committee of citizens met to plan a public library. First library association is formed.
During 1923, Three branch libraries are built and equipped on the grounds of the junior high schools to serve the communities and the schools.