History And Mission
The Kennedy Heights Arts Center is housed in the former home of Lewis Kennedy, built in 1875. Kennedy developed the community of Kennedy Heights and served as its mayor before the area was annexed by Cincinnati.
The gothic-style, wood-frame building sits on 2.3 acres in the heart of Kennedy Heights, adjacent to Pleasant Ridge and Silverton.
In 2003, developers had threatened to bulldoze the 21-room historic landmark at 6546 Montgomery Road for a storage facility.
Area residents quickly organized to save the building. They formed a nonprofit corporation and the city of Cincinnati contributed $50,000 toward the acquisition of the property. 40 neighbors personally pledged collateral to make the acquisition possible.
Kennedy Heights Arts Center was established by the community Â to create a public resource for the creation of art. One person's dream has become the inspiration of many - literally hundreds of people have helped transform this formerly distressed property into a thriving community arts center.
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR