The Kaskaskia College Arboretum is a vital ongoing project sponsored by the Kaskaskia College Foundation. The arboretum offers individuals, groups, businesses and organizations an opportunity to provide a living memorial. Your gift will continue to provide beauty year after year.
- The Kaskaskia College Arboretum will be a viable asset to our students, district residents, and college campus.
- The Arboretum will lend itself to conservation practices, nature enjoyment, aesthetics, and campus beautification. Trees provide a positive influence on our lives and our environment. Rarely, do individuals have the unique opportunity to witness the beauty and diversity that will be afforded in our Arboretum.
- Each tree species will reflect the ongoing commitment to the education process that each donor has made.
- The Arboretum will consist of 250 indigenous and exotic tree species.
- The Species variety will provide residents the opportunity to view the grandeur and diversity present of the woodland representatives present on the campus.
- A walking tour map indicating the tree specimen placement will be available to each person.
- A tree will have a name plate indicating common name, scientific name and donor of the tree and will be assigned a number. In addition, the plate might include "in honor of" or "in memory of" line according to the donor wish.
Kaskaskia College ground department is taking care of each tree in the Arboretum and each tree will be guaranteed by the Kaskaskia College Foundation should they need to be replaced.