Hudson Park Branch Library
66 Leroy Street
Tucked away in a quiet corner of the West Village, the Hudson Park Branch of The New York Public Library has served the community since 1906. The poet Marianne Moore worked in the library as an assistant from 1921 to 1925, meeting the literary needs of Village residents and opening the world of books to thousands of neighborhood children. Housed on the first floor are books for all age groups available for borrowing, as well as periodicals, books-on tape, and children's videos. An adjoining eight-sided room contains a collection of reference materials and a well-stocked file of newspaper clippings and photographs on life in the Village during the first half of the 20th century. On the walls and in a glass display case is a rotating exhibit by New York City artists and photographers. On the lower floor is an auditorium containing a stage and seating for over 100 people. The auditorium is available for community group meetings as well as library programs. The Early Childhood Resource & Information Center (ECRIC) is located on the second floor.