385 South Street, North West
On January 30, 1895, A.H. Wright, T. N. Dean and others met in the Homer Town Hall to organize a Reading Circle which they named the Homer Library Association. The town hall meeting place was known as the "Reading Room" with owners donating books and adhering strictly to a set of rules adopted by the Association. Each member owned shares according to the number of books they donated.
In 1970 a new facility was built and the library moved from the Township Hall to its present location. The new building contained 2,600 square feet.
As the population in the surrounding area has grown so has the library. New additions were built in 1983 and 1990 bringing the total area of the library to over 6,000 square feet.
Finally, in 1997 plans were developed for an addition that would include a large community room, new restrooms and a small kitchen area. Also, a redesign of the library interior was planned. These projects were completed in the spring of 1998.
The library now has an area of over 8,000 square feet, it has over 35,000 books and publications and has four public computers with internet access.