About Hillcrest Hospital:
Hillcrest Hospital opened on November 23, 1968, in Mayfield to meet the healthcare needs of rapidly growing east side communities. There were 237 beds and 90 doctors on staff. Over the next 40 years, the hospital expanded and evolved to provide the best patient care for the community. Services grew at an astounding rate, launching many firsts in healthcare.
- In 1975, Hillcrest Hospital was the first in greater Cleveland area to offer pre-admission testing.
- In 1978, the hospital was first to offer same-day surgery.
- In 1981, the Neonatal Care Unit opened and hospice program was introduced.
- In 1994, a $48 million expansion added a new emergency services facility, a 70-suite medical office building, a helicopter landing pad, a nondenominational chapel and the Atrium.
- Specialized centers opened, such as the Hirsch Cancer Center, the Helen and Ronald Ross Community and Education Center, and the Pediatric Unit in the Emergency Department.
- In 2010, Hillcrest Hospital completed a $163 million project, adding 72 private rooms, 103 new beds, new surgical suites, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care unit and doubling the size of the emergency department.
- Renovations to the labor, delivery and postpartum areas began in 2011 and are scheduled to be complete in 2014.
Hillcrest continues to be a leader in patient care, nationally ranking as one of the nation's top 100 hospitals, renowned in cardiac medicine. This dedication to offering the best in patient care resounds in our past, present and toward our exciting future.
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern Time
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 at 6:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR